9711 HZ Groningen
tel: + 31 (0)50 312 22 02
fax: + 31 (0)50 318 37 51
send us an e-mail
|Tue - Sa.||10.00-17.00 hrs.|
The Noordelijk Scheepvaartmuseum owns a large collection of photos from ships, shipyards and harbours.
Digital copies of photos you can request (obtain) by letter or email addressed to:
9711 HZ Groningen
The only way to have a look at the photos is by making an appointment. It’s not possible to search the collection by yourself.
The rates for digital copies differ per size and depend on what they are used for. For printed matter, depending on the edition, different rates are being handled. These are obtainable by request.
Some of the photos we can’t reproduce because of copyrights.
The only way to have a look at the photos is by making an appointment. It’s not possible to search the collection by yourself.With your request please make sure you mention the type of ship, it’s name, and if possible, who the captain or the owner of the ship was. Additional information may be helpful with the search.
Sailing coasters (sorted by ship type and name)
The photo collection includes:
* Ship-yards (sorted by name)
* Inland shipping (sorted by ship type and name)
* Sailing coasters (sorted by ship type and name)
* Coastal shipping (this category contains the largest part of the photo-collection)
* Ocean sailing (s small amount of photo’s)
* Harbor scenes
* Rescue-work, life-saving service
* Collection Grashuis. This collection contains about 1300 pictures of coasters and ships built at the Van Diepen shipyard (building numbers 800-1046)
* Collection Oostmeijer. About 15.000 pictures of coasters, sorted by ship name.
* Collection Houwerzijl. 4864 pictures and data about shipping disasters in the 20th century. The collection is accessible by the name of the ship.
* Collection De Vreugt. This collection is being inventorized but most of all contains pictures of coasters.
* Collection Wouters. Contains pictures of merchant ships from Scandinavia.